Have you been worried you are gaining more weight recently or perhaps you have always being on the chubby side and you would like to slim down without necessarily having to go the gym because the gym requires using a lot of “energy, ” then this 10 foods that promote weight loss is for you.
- Eating whole eggs; eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.
Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours as well as lose more weight and body fat because egg is protenious in nature. Eggs are also incredibly nutrient dense and can help you get all the nutrients you need on a calorie-restricted diet. Interestingly, almost all the nutrients are found in the yolks.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables; vegetables and fruits have several properties that make them effective for weight loss. They contain few calories but a lot of fiber. Their high water content gives them low energy density, making them very filling.
- Boiled Potatoes; potatoes seem to have fallen out of favor for some reason. However, they have several properties that make them a perfect food for weight loss. If you allow potatoes to cool for a while after boiling, they will form high amounts of resistant starch, a fiber-like substance that has been shown to have various health benefits, including weight loss. Sweet potatoes, turnips and other root vegetables are also excellent.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar; Apple cider vinegar is incredibly popular in the natural health communit. Several studies suggest that apple cider vinegar can be useful for weight loss. Taking vinegar at the same time as a high-carb meal can increase feelings of fullness and make people eat 200–275 fewer calories for the rest of the day, thus promoting weight loss.
- Beans; It doesn’t matter the type of beans, having just 3/4 cup a day of any variety can help you shed some serious pounds. Plus, it increase your protein intake.
- Chili Pepper; Eating chili peppers may be useful on a weight loss diet. They contain capsaicin, a substance which has been shown to reduce appetite and increase fat burning in some studies
7. Coconut oil; Not all fats are created equal. Coconut oil is high in fatty acids of a medium length, called medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). These fatty acids have been shown to boost satiety better than other fats and increase the number of calories burned. Replacing other cooking oil with coconut oil helps reduce weight as it ensure increase in the amount of calories burned.
- Drink Coffee (Preferably Black); Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants and can have numerous health benefits. The caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3–11% and increase fat burning by up to 10–29%, but ensure not to add sugar and other high calorie ingredients to your coffee.
9. Drink Green Tea; Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss. Though green tea contains lesser amounts of caffeine, it contains powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are believed to work synergistically with caffeine to enhance fat burning and promoting weight loss.
10. Eat more protein; Protein is the single most important nutrient for losing weight. Eating a high-protein diet has been shown to boost metabolism by 80–100 calories per day while shaving 441 calories per day off your diet. Adding protein to diet is the simplest and most effective way of losing weight.
The bottom line is that losing weigh isn’t by going on a diet but by eating the right food and eating healthy.