REVIEW: BIKER’S CARNIVAL: ATEKONG ACCREDITATION POINT
The Carnival started with the display of exotic cars by Rich people in Cross River and other parts of the world led by the Governor of CRS as beautiful girls hung dangerously from the windows. Here are a few things I noticed.
1. There were not enough cars to make a mottocade and not everyone qualified to be there, However the Governor showed class with his own Car which stole the show. Maybe news would get out next year and more cars would join. It’s the first edition.
2. The road was tarred and painted overnight (Like OVERNIGHT) which made it unsafe for the cars and other bikes to stunt. We noticed the tar and marking peel off during the parade.
3. Unreadiness: There were still bringing chairs to the adjudication point at Marian 60% into the carnival.
4. No show: there was basically no performances at the Marian adjudication point. People were made to wait for too long only to be told to go to stadium. Even our Deputy Governor got tired and slept off.
5. The fun was at its peak at Fiesta Where young people set up their own party. Basically I think people would only go home with the memories of friends they met and the fun they created for themselves which is also what the Carnival brings.
6. Security: Again, back to back, I commend Nigeria Security officials for avoiding any incident. It was not easy controlling stubborn people all day with no effort by organisers to provide any crowd control items.
7. Crowd control: This was a flop the third time as nothing was done to improve on it from last year. No barricades whatsoever were used and the crowd kept flying into the road dangerously, leaving the security officials with no option than to beat up people in an attempt to get them to safety.
8. Branding was good and obvious.
9. Media was fully represented. Ambulances visible.
10. The idea to make the speakers on the street at Marian play was the coolest idea ever. Made the trek fun and decongested the accreditation point.
Generally, the event was successful with no news of life lost, however, if I was a visitor just coming in the see what went down, I would be really confused about what the show was all about. Did people have fun? Yes! People refused to go home after the show.
GOVERNOR’S NEW BIKE: A REVIEW
Last year the Governor got absolutely no attention as former Governor Donald Duke set a new and very high standard with his black beast. This year our governor was not ready for such embarrassment and got his own custom made bike.
It was his favourite red and really bold and catchy but one wait… Was is it really a bike?
The front has the formula one car look and you can clearly see the long nyansh which give you an idea that his bike is a scorpion. The red scorpion looks so much like a carnival float from the side view. I mean if it was not bikers carnival, you would not tell it’s a bike on your first glance. The design is unclear from the back with the same batman look as Donald’s. So the question is: Is it a flying scorpion? The top headlight portion is totally not necessary as it covers the rider.
The red colour makes this bike really stand out of the crowd but it’s over large size makes it seem like it should have been in the Car carnival. The bike matches the playful personality of the Governor and makes him seem like the fun approachable guy which is very important for a carnival.
What are your thoughts? Leave a response in the comment section!
Review by Weeshotit Creative Director – IDY!